My organization is in the process of upgrading our environment to use Windows 7 Pro and I've been having a little trouble with the clients on both 32 and 64 bit machines. I'm currently working with Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows IR 4, and every version up to this point I have experienced issues where network drives just randomly disappear through the day. I've noticed that the drives usually vanish by drives mapped to a common server. It only disappears on the Win7 machines, and a right-click on the Novell N and logging in again usually fixes this problem.

My other problem I've only seen on the 64 bit machine that I have and is similar to the first issue, except that the drive becomes disabled (gets the red X through it in explorer), logging in again results in 8884 errors on the drives having problems, and all of the drives are always on the same servers, and are all of the drives hosted on the server. The only way to fix this issue is to completely restart my system, and it may be fine for minutes all the way to days before it starts happening again.

Both issues seem to come and go randomly where they'll act up for a few days then won't be seen again for weeks.

Thanks for any direction anyone can provide in figuring this out.