Hello Friends,
Someone posted how to fix an error that I am getting. I'm not sure if this is my problem, but I don't even understand the solution or how to adapt it to my situation and to
institute it. This is my first exposure to Windows 7, Linux, VMs, ZCM, ZAA, AdminStudio9.5, bundles, etc. Lots of experience with Novell, Zenworks 7, Console One, Snaapshot, etc.
Do you know what the 'fix suggestion' several sentences down is and how it can be performed on the qa-zenworks box?
Attached is the whole log file from the Windows 7 laptop. It shows the whole session initializing and registering, etc, the errors occur at the end (shown
in red). This is the log you get when you open the blue icon with the white Z. Also, in the ZAA the Windows proxy | Discovery | Deployment do not list any information.

The qa-zenworks (Zenworks Configuration Manager) is trying to use the Win 7 laptop as the Windows proxy to do all the Windows protocols to all the
other Windows agents. I've assigned a bundle (application object) to myself and the laptop(I'm logged in) is trying to add that bundle either to the Windows proxy or
to me, heck, the icon for the bundle doesn't even show up in the NAL screen yet.

Every deployment attempt using ZCM fails with: Error: timed out waiting for a response from the windows proxy. I can do successful 'discovery' using IP range.

All firewalls are OFF.

For more info, see another of my posts at:
http://forums.novell.com/novell-prod...ows-proxy.html

After reinstalling Windows 7 Professional 64bit 2GB memory and the ZAA on the laptop, the Content Distribution Point 10.3.0.27209 is now running.
Environment:
Zenworks Adaptive Agent version 10.3.0.27649
Zenworks Configuration Manager 10.3.0 running on
SUSE LINUX 11 sp1 virtual machine (here is the end of the /var/log/boot.msg)
Starting zenworks daemon monitor done
starting casa_atsd...done
Master resource control :runlevel 5 has been reached
Failed services in runlevel 5: microcode.ctl
notice killproc: kill(1273.3)

LDAP connection is working as I assigned a bundle to me that way. (the bundle number in the log below, at the end)

The bundle is the 'wallpaper' execise in the Zenworks 10 Configuration Management Adminstration Workbook Course 3098 version 1.

What is it trying to do, save or install or cache the bundle?

Fix suggestion: (that I do not understand and how would I shape this to my situation?)
All you need to do is add NTFS the proper permissions on the web dir and
then click on the WRITE permissions on the ISM for that website or VD.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
This is the error:
Type: System.Net.WebException
Message: The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented.
Response: System.Net.HttpWebResponse
Stack Trace:
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(Transpo rtContext& context)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke(String methodName, Object() parameters)
at Novell.Zenworks.QuickTaskManager.QuickTasksService .getQuickTasks(GetQuickTasksRequest GetQuickTasksRequest)
at Novell.Zenworks.QuickTaskManager.QuickTaskWebServi ce.GetQuickTasks(Session session, String identity, String newSecurityTag)

and then:

[DEBUG] [01/19/2011 10:35:37.331] [1532] [ZenworksWindowsService] [33] [] [Settings Module] [] [System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(Transpo rtContext& context)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke(String methodName, Object() parameters)
at Novell.Zenworks.Settings.Schema.SettingLookupServi ce.getSettings(SettingsRequest SettingsRequest)
at Novell.Zenworks.Settings.WebSettingsService.GetSet tings(String DeviceID)] [] []
[DEBUG] [01/19/2011 10:35:37.331] [1532] [ZenworksWindowsService] [33] [] [Settings Module] [] [ at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(Transpo rtContext& context)
at Novell.Zenworks.Settings.Schema.SettingLookupServi ce.getSettings(SettingsRequest SettingsRequest)
at Novell.Zenworks.Settings.WebSettingsService.GetSet tings(String DeviceID)] [] []
[ERROR] [01/19/2011 10:35:37.331] [1532] [ZenworksWindowsService] [33] [] [Settings Module] [SettingsModule.SettingsRefreshError] [Unable to refresh the system settings from https://10.200.15.3/zenworks-setting-lookup/ service.] [] []
[DEBUG] [01/19/2011 10:35:37.331] [1532] [ZenworksWindowsService] [33] [] [Settings Module] [] [Unable to refresh the System Settings on the device.] [] []
[DEBUG] [01/19/2011 10:35:37.440] [1532] [ZenworksWindowsService] [27] [] [ZenHttpServer] [] [Received HTTP request: 'CONNECT 10.200.15.3:443 HTTP/1.1'] [] []
[ERROR] [01/19/2011 10:35:37.440] [1532] [ZenworksWindowsService] [33] [] [BundleManager] [BUNDLE.CouldNotAddBundle] [Could not add bundle 74e2faf694cab5bb3d55ccaea0b099bc to session] [] []

Below is the Entire session: (errors at the end)

[session had to be deleted because the post was too big]
[