Q1: What is the Starter Pack?
The Novell Open Workgroup Suite - Small Business Edition Starter Pack is a product that provides a Customer with a no-cost, one-time, 5-user license for Novell Open Workgroup Suite - Small Business Edition. This is not a trial or evaluation license but a full product license.

Q2: Am I required to purchase Maintenance with the Starter Pack?
No!

Q3: Are all the NOWS SBE components and add-on products included with the Starter Pack?
No. Maintenance is required to obtain some of the component products and product updates. At one point there was a list of the additional products that were available to customers who purchased maintenance but I am unable to locate it, perhaps because NOWS SBE licenses can now only be purchased with maintenance.

Q4: What is the issue regarding product keys for SLES?
When NOWS SBE is installed, customers are required to enter product keys for each of these three products: NOWS SBE, OES, and SLES.

Product keys are normally included with most products when the product is delivered however SLES product keys work a little bit differently. A SLES product key allows access to patches and updates and is provided when a customer purchases maintenance. Novell will provide a temporary 60-day "Eval" product key when a customer downloads an Eval copy of SLES. This subtle distinction goes unnoticed when NOWS SBE is delivered because NOWS SBE licenses can only be purchased with maintenance.

Novell now delivers the Starter Pack with a 60-day Eval product key for SLES to allow customers to complete the NOWS SBE installation without having to purchase maintenance.

Q5: What do I do if I need licenses for more than 5 users?
Simply purchase as many additional groups of 5-user NOWS SBE licenses as you need. For example, if you had ten users, you could purchase the Starter Pack plus one additional 5-user NOWS SBE license.

Note: Since NOWS SBE 5-user licenses can only be purchased with maintenance and customers with maintenance must purchase maintenance for all licenses, you would be required (in this case) to purchase maintenance for the 5-user license obtained with the Starter Pack.

Q6: How do I get the Starter Pack? <customer>
Your Novell Reseller can provide additional information and order it for you. Some conditions apply.

Q7: How do I get the Starter Pack? <reseller>
The Starter Pack is ordered through your distributor and delivered electronically to your customer. You may find the following Novell product codes helpful:
  • Novell Open Workgroup Suite - Small Business Edition 2.5 Starter Pack 5-User License (873-010136)
  • Novell Open Workgroup Suite - Small Business Edition 2.5 5-User License + 1-Year Priority Maintenance (879-000923)
  • Novell Open Workgroup Suite - Small Business Edition 2.5 5-User License + 1-Year Standard Maintenance (879-000924)
  • Upgrade Novell Open Workgroup Suite - Small Business Edition 2.5 5-User License + 1-Year Priority Maintenance (879-000925)
  • Upgrade Novell Open Workgroup Suite - Small Business Edition 2.5 5-User License + 1-Year Standard Maintenance (879-000926)
  • Novell Open Workgroup Suite - Small Business Edition 5-User 1-Year Priority Maintenance (877-001511)
  • Novell Open Workgroup Suite - Small Business Edition 5-User 1-Year Standard Maintenance (877-001575)

Disclaimer:
I am not a Novell employee. While I believe this information to be correct as of the time of its posting, I encourage you to verify its accuracy for yourself before relying on it.