Greetings, my SLES10SP3/OES2SP2 server is currently running GW800HP2 and want to upgrade it to GW802HP2, so I downloaded the file from Novell downloads, expanded it as root to a directory in NSS (/media/nss/VOL1/GWSOFT/GW802HP2), and ran ./install from there. In the GUI installer, the 3rd step is to provide a software distribution directory and it defaults to /opt/novell/groupwise/software, but... I already have an SDD at /media/nss/VOL1/GWSOFT/GW802HP2, why do I have to specify another location and presumably have it copy all those files over and double the storage required?

I'm used to doing this on NetWare, having my SDD created by expanding the download, and running all my setups from there, at one point there's an option to copy the software and I just uncheck it, but that doesn't seem to be an option here.

Note that I don't currently have a /opt/novell/groupwise/software directory, so presumably I found a way around this when I installed GW800HP2, but silly me, I didn't make a note about it... :-(

Any clarifications appreciated.