Hi All,

I had some trouble properly configuring the ZCM agent into my VMware Base Image. I did found some info on the internet, but no real clear info on how to accomplish my mission. So I started configuring on a trial-and-error base and this is what came out of it:

Open the Virtual Machine Desktop Console in VMWare

Updating the image (without reinstalling the agent)
----------------------------------------------------
1. Log in as Administrator and make your changes to the image.
2. Disconnect NIC (Menu --> Edit Settings --> Virtual Machine Properties --> Network Adapter --> Uncheck Connected)
3. Open regedit and remove:
- GUID entry in HKLM\Software\Novell\ZCM\PreAgent\Guid
- Any hostname or guid under HKLM\Software\Novell\ZCM\PreAgent\Remote Management\Agent (Leave the keys Default, Device and Localhost in place, delete anything else)
- System entry in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\System
4. Run C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\bin\preboot\ZISWIN.EXE
5. Clear Image Safe Data (Menu --> Edit --> Clear Image-safe Data) and Save (Menu --> File -- Save Image-safe Data) and exit ZISWIN
6. Run a Zac CC
7. Delete or rename the file C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\conf\DeviceGuid
8. Shutdown Virtual Machine
9. Make a Snapshot and Configure Base Image in VMWare View. :)

Updating the Agent
------------------
1. Uninstall ZENworks Agent
2. After Uninstall:
- Remove Folders ProgramFiles\Novell\Zenworks and Windows\Novell
- Make Sure HKLM\Software\Novell\ZCM key is gone
3. Copy Latest ZENworks agent (PreAgentPkg_AgentComplete.exe) from <ZENSERVER>\%ZENWORKS_HOME%\install\downloads\setu p\_all\PreAgentPkg_AgentComplete.exe to C:\Windows\Options
4. Removing the ZENworks agent restores the original Windows Gina (msgina.dll) in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon. Change this to back to "C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Agent\bin\wsgina.dll" (without quotes, but including path)
5. Reboot
6. Log in as Administrator
7. Disconnect NIC (Menu --> Edit Settings --> Virtual Machine Properties --> Network Adapter --> Uncheck Connected)
8. Install ZENworks Agent from previously copied C:\Windows\Options
9. After Install Do NOT reboot
10. Open regedit and remove:
- GUID entry in HKLM\Software\Novell\ZCM\PreAgent\Guid
- System entry in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\System
11. Run C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\bin\preboot\ZISWIN.EXE
12. Clear Image Safe Data (Menu --> Edit --> Clear Image-safe Data) and Save (Menu --> File -- Save Image-safe Data) and exit ZISWIN
13. Shutdown Virtual Machine
14. Make a Snapshot and Configure Base Image in VMWare View. :)

Usefull Tips:
-------------
Your Novell Client (if used) probably needs the following keys:
HKLM\Software\Novell\Login\DefaultLocationProfile: Default
HKLM\Software\Novell\Login\TSClientAutoAdminLogon: 1

Gina config:
HKLM\Software\Micorsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GinaDLL:C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Agent\bin\wsgina.dll
HKLM\Software\Micorsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\VdmGinaChainDLL:NWGINA. DLL (If Novell Client used, otherwise msgina.dll)

Hope this will help anyone who experiencing trouble and headaches installing the Agent in VMware View images.

Greeeetings,
Rey