We are rolling out windows 7 to many of our device in a few months so we are testing imaging the workstations in our test enviroment. I am having some trouble understanding what needs done to the workstation before the image is pushed up to the server. In our case we are using FOG as the imaging software and ZENWorks (v11)for everything else once the workstaion is reloaded.

Right before the PC is restarted and pushed up to our FOG server I make sure to run "C:\PROGRA~1\Novell\ZENworks\bin\zac.exe fsg -d". When workstion number 2 recieves the new image it has the same name as the image source PC and ZCC sees it as the same device. Which is a problem.

I've tried running the command above and then running "C:\PROGRA~1\Novell\ZENworks\bin\zac.exe unr -f", which unregistered the image source PC from ZCC. The next workstation(s) then do not showup as the srouce PC, but need manually reregistered with ZCC for them to login (we use DLU) and receive all the benefits of using ZENWorks.

Is this how things should work or is there a way for the newly imaged workstations to correctly receive their already imported information from ZCC without having to manually reregister with ZEN after each image. Do I need to do anything with ziswin?

Any support would be apprecaited.