I recently added a second virtual CPU to a SLES10SP3/OES2SP2a server running on VMWare ESXi 4.x. The server has been running with a single VCPU for some time but was maxing out the processor. I understand that after adding the second VCPU, I need to go into Yast>Software Management and install kernel-smp, however, when I choose it and click Accept I get the following error:

This would invalidate atom:kernel-smp-
atom kernel-smp- has unfulfilled requirements
Conflict Resolution:
O delete kernel-smp

That is my only choice. I followed another suggestion in this forum that recommended deleting all the nss-default modules and then retrying the kernel-smp. Supposedly that would allow it to install and add the NSS-smp modules as dependencies, but that did not work. Does anyone know of a way to get the SMP kernel installed short of rebuilding the server from scratch. I would really like to avoid that as this server is also running NSM engine and agents, and serves as a replica server for NDS. It also serves as a VLDB database server for our DFS Management context. The server has no NSS volumes. NSS is only installed to support the DFS functions. Any ideas?