Hello, i have identified what i believe is a small bug in relation to ZCM passive login and wanted to post a solution in case someone else runs into the same issue. This issue was noted on a Win7x64 OS, i did not test it with a 32bit or Vista install however i assume the issue would be the same.

We have a lab environment where our user's login to the local PC through the Novell Client and have ZCM login passively under these same credentials. The local PC, since it is used by multiple user's is performing an automated login using a local account common to all machine's. This was being set through a registry key as shown:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
However, while the Novell Client login would perform fine, the ZCM agent would fail to login. The culprit ended up being the %COMPUTERNAME% environment variable. While the Windows login could handle this environment variable fine for the local login, it appears to create issue's with ZCM.

To resolve this issue i created a VBscript that captures the computer name and injects it into the registry key. Note that i am not a talented VBScript writer so there may be a cleaner solution than what i have posted.

Set wshShell = Wscript.CreateObject( "Wscript.Shell" )
strName = wshShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings( "%COMPUTERNAME%" )

const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002
strComputer = "."
Set StdOut = WScript.StdOut
Set oReg=GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")
strKeyPath = "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon"
strValueName = "DefaultDomainName"
oReg.SetStringValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,strKeyPath,strValueName,strName
Hope this can help someone else in need and maybe Novell can implement a fix for this one day.