Hey Everyone,

Currently I have some trouble with the unattended setup of Windows 7.

The Image was created like this...
Windows 7 Installation - Boot into Audit Mode - Software Installation & Configuration - sysprep - create Base Image

This Image is deployed with AddOn Images for Drivers, ZCM, AV, etc.
And a separate "Sysprep-AddOn" containing Stuff like dpinst.exe, the UNATTEND.XML etc.

When Deploying this, it works in 80% without any problems, but the other times the Setup fails in Specialize Phase (Windows-Shell-Setup).

The sysprep logs do not contain any information beyong the sysprep-run when building the image.
This happens on three different hardware types all the same.

This is the Windows Shell Setup part from my unattend file
        <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
            <RegisteredOrganization>Customer Name XYZ</RegisteredOrganization>
            <TimeZone>W. Europe Standard Time</TimeZone>
"ComputerName" within unattend is deleted in order to have the setup ask for the workstation name - which works just great, if Setup does not crash

I found a few information on this problem, related to the copy Profile action, which were caused by deleting user profiles, which werent completely removed from the registry, but this isnt the case here, only the administrator is used during Configuration, no users added/deleted. I also checked the "pre-sysprep" state of the installation, no false profiles in registry