(See my original thread "Can't Configure VPN Using iManager" started 4/10/04 that I messed up)

>=======[ BEGIN TASKS PERFORMED ]========<

I followed Craig's instructions and used the "unsupported" utility on the BM38 CD to extend the schema manually before trying to redefine the VPN server again. There were 48 objects that were successfully added and 37 that already existed. The whole schema extension process took about 24 minutes to complete.

When again configuring VPN for the first time via iMangler... (see Pg 555 Beg Guide 11/13/03)

In the "Tunnel Address" field for the IP, I was erroneously putting 192.168.199.1.
as my BM38 server's address is 192.168.0.3.
So I thought about it and changed the "Tunnel Address" to 192.168.0.199.
....and clicked OK

The server got added, but with an error:
Error: The VPN Server was added.

In the details box was a bunch of Java Jibberish which I've copied below.
When I click OK, it takes me back to the prev screen where I entered the IP addresses.

When I look in ConSlowOne for what objects were created, only the TRC was created.
The ServerCert-MY_FS1 object is not there. It finally appeared later.

So, I deleted both of these NDS objects and deleted the server on the "NBM VPN Server Configuration" screen.
I then re-added the server and used the corrected IP info and the server was successfully added without any error messages.
Both NDS objects now exist: the TRC & the ServerCert.

>=======[ BEGIN PROBLEM STATEMENT]========<

BUT!!! When I look at the properties of ServerCert-MY_FS1 in ConSlowOne, I only have 3 tabs:
[1] NDS Rights [2] Other [3] Rights to Files and Folders
I do NOT have the "General" and the "Certificates" tabs.

Do you have any further insight as to what's going on here?

Thanks very much for your time.

Regards.

===========[Begin Java Jibberish]=============
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/novell/java/io/EndianOutputStream at com.novell.imanage.vpn.VpnConfigUtil.toPairedIPAdd rByteArray(VpnConfigUtil.java:985) at com.novell.imanage.vpn.VpnClientGeneralUIData.putN DSCSAddressPool(VpnClientGeneralUIData.java:1116) at com.novell.imanage.vpn.VpnClientGeneralUIData.putN DSData(VpnClientGeneralUIData.java:356) at com.novell.imanage.vpn.VpnClientGeneralUIData.putN DS(VpnClientGeneralUIData.java:400) at com.novell.imanage.vpn.C2SProfileCreationWizard.wr ite(C2SProfileCreationWizard.java:386) at com.novell.imanage.vpn.VpnMemberTask.execute(VpnMe mberTask..java:1366) at com.novell.emframe.dev.Task.execute(Task.java:336) at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.BaseGadgetInstance.pr ocessRequest(BaseGadgetInstance.java:687) at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.BaseGadgetInstance.ha ndleAction(BaseGadgetInstance.java:2031) at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.GadgetManager.process InstanceRequest(GadgetManager.java:1699) at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.GadgetManager.process ServiceRequest(GadgetManager.java:1191) at com.novell.nps.FrameServiceServlet.processRequest( FrameServiceServlet.java:45) at com.novell.nps.PortalServlet.doPost(PortalServlet. java:78) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:760) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:853) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.inv oke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:684) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doF orward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:432) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.for ward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:356) at com.novell.emframe.fw.servlet.eMFrameServlet.servi ce(eMFrameServlet.java:54) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:853) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$Standard PipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:643) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(S tandardPipeline.java:480) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Cont ainerBase.java:995) at org.apache.catalina.core..StandardContextValve.inv oke(StandardContextValve.java:191) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$Standard PipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:643) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBas e.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:553) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$Standard PipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:641) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(S tandardPipeline.java:480) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Cont ainerBase.java:995) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(St andardContext.java:2416) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve..java:180) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$Standard PipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:643) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.in voke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171) at org.apache..catalina.core.StandardPipeline$Standar dPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline. java:641) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:172) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$Standard PipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:641) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(S tandardPipeline.java:480)at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Cont ainerBase.java:995) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:174) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$Standard PipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:643) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(S tandardPipeline.java:480) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Cont ainerBase.java:995) at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(Co yoteAdapter.java:223) at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyo teHandler.java:263) at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(Handler Request.java:360) at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelS ocket.java:604) at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnecti on(ChannelSocket.java:562) at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(Channe lSocket.java:679) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
===========[END Java Jibberish]=============

>>> Craig Johnson<craigsj@ix.netcom.com> 04/13/04 07:58AM >>>

In article <0PWdc.25319$jb5.5751@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Tek--
[Howard] wrote:
> "The VPN Server was not added."
> "Unable to add attributes to selected server. Maybe that the
> schema is not extended
> or the user has insufficient rights to
> configure.
> VPN Server that was not added: MY_FS1.MyOrg"

Look in the BMgr 3.8 CD's for an Unsupported directory. There is a
schema extension tool in there.
>
> I am logged in as ADMIN and the schema was extended as I can see VPN
> tabs when in NWADMN32 on that server's properties.

That does NOT mean the schema was extended, especially for BMgr 3.8.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
*** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***