OK. I made a little further progress upon revisiting/continuing the initial setup of the VPN server (Site-Site).

PLATFORM:
==========
Running BM-v38, TCP-v608, NDS-v8.7.3, using iMangler-v2.02 on Local PC.
Schema was finally extended using the UNSUPPORTED directory on the BM38 CD.
==========

I get as far as the final "Properties of Server <SrvrName.OU>" screen (on Pg 571 in Craig's masterful Guide to BM 3.x) and click OK to now SAVE the VPN configuration that was defined in the prior screens.

The next screen tells me:
"Error: System Error"
"The system encountered an unknown error."
"Please contact Novell Support."

When I click on Details button, I get a bucket full of Java-Jibberish which I've pasted below. Clicking on the button OK returns me to the previous screen "Properties of Server <SrvrName.OU>."

Thanks to Novell's implementation of Java and iMangler, I am now on suicide watch and am not allowed to possess any sharp objects after 10AM! Dr Phil, Frasier Crane, and Dr Joyce Brothers all have my tele number automatically blocked.

Is there any help out there for me??? Or is it time to buy a hardware router solution & ditch BM?

Thanks for the shoulder (enter here the sounds of a grown man sobbing uncontrollably).

Regards.

<=======[ BEGIN JAVA JIBBERISH ]=========>
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/novell/service/nds/naming/NdsNameParserat com.novell.imanage.vpn.VpnAction.putNDS(VpnAction. java:552) at com.novell.imanage.vpn.SiteRuleClass.putNDSAction( SiteRuleClass.java:174) at com.novell.imanage.vpn.SiteRuleHandler.putNDSData( SiteRuleHandler.java:457) at com.novell.imanage.vpn.TrafficRulesSite.putData(Tr afficRulesSite.java:1054) at com.novell.imanage.vpn.S2SProfileCreationWizard.do CreateS2SObject(S2SProfileCreationWizard.java:332) at com.novell.imanage.vpn.VpnMemberTask.execute(VpnMe mberTask.java:950) at com.novell.emframe.dev.Task.execute(Task.java:336) at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.BaseGadgetInstance.pr ocessRequest(BaseGadgetInstance.java:687) at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.BaseGadgetInstance.ha ndleAction(BaseGadgetInstance.java:2031) at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.GadgetManager.process InstanceRequest(GadgetManager.java:1699) at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.GadgetManager.process ServiceRequest(GadgetManager.java:1191) at com.novell.nps.FrameServiceServlet.processRequest( FrameServiceServlet.java:45) at com.novell.nps.PortalServlet.doPost(PortalServlet. java:78) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:760) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:853) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.inv oke(ApplicationDispatcher..java:684) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doF orward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:432) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.for ward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:356) at com.novell.emframe.fw.servlet..eMFrameServlet.serv ice(eMFrameServlet.java:54) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:853) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$Standard PipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:643) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(S tandardPipeline.java:480)at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Cont ainerBase.java:995) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:191) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$Standard PipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:643) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBas e.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:553) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$Standard PipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:641) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(S tandardPipeline.java:480) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Cont ainerBase.java:995) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(St andardContext.java:2416) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:180) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$Standard PipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:643) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.in voke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$Standard PipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:641) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:172) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$Standard PipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:641) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(S tandardPipeline.java:480) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Cont ainerBase.java:995) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:174) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$Standard PipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:643) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(S tandardPipeline.java:480) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Cont ainerBase.java:995) at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(Co yoteAdapter.java:223) at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyo teHandler.java:263) at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(Handler Request.java:360) at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelS ocket.java:604) at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnecti on(ChannelSocket.java:562) at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(Channe lSocket.java:679)at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>=======[END JAVA JIBBERISH ]=========<