I've read and re-read thru this forum on this issue. I've picked up a lot of good tips, but cannot get drive droppings (OK mappings) on all of the servers. I've read & reread TIDs til my TIDs turned blue and my eye balls have dropped down to my....
Of all the helpful tips I've tried, I still get not get this resolved. I am having this same problem both in my TekLab and at my client's site. And so I have come here to the court of last resort.

There are 4 servers on my TekLab's LAN as follows:
SRVR1: NW5.1 SP6 (general use)
SRVR2: NW60 SP3 (GroupWise server only)
SRVR3: NW4.11 SP9 (Data Warehouse)
SRVR4: NW60 SP3 (BM3.8 Only - Upgraded from BMv3.7)

The BM server is the only one with a PUBLIC NIC. It also has a secondary IP address (MX record points to this) NATed to SRVR2 for E-mail.

The VPN client is used for connection only. It connects AOK. After connect, I can PING the following private IPs:
SRVR1 = Yes
SRVR2 = Yes
SRVR3 = Yes
SRVR4 = No! (This is the BM srvr!)

Filters are unloaded on the BM server (#4) during this configuration & testing stage.

BM SRVR4's PUBLIC NIC is connected directly to the Internet. There's no other firewall

My remote PC is Win2K-SP4 using Client32 v4.90SP1a behind a simple DHCP-NAT firewall.

On Client32, the NDS tab uses the private IP of SRVR2. If I use the private IP of BM (SRVR4), I get tree not found.

After login, here's the summary of my drive mappings. The end of this post contains the actual messages from the login script.
SRVR1: maps OK
SRVR2: maps OK
SRVR3: no mappings
SRVR4: no mappings

Srvr's 1, 2 & 3 have their next hop set to SRVR4's private IP.
SRVR4 (BM): NATed its private IP to itself (per forum discussion thread & TID #10011002).
SRVR4 (BM): I set NCP Exclude IP Address to the PUBLIC NIC address (per forum discussion thread).
Remote PC's HOSTS file has entries for all 4 server's private IP.

I've seen mentioned the SLP & DA thing for the Client32, but have absolutely no understanding of this. Things that were said were on a too-high level for me.

I don't know what else to post here for you to help me.

This appears to be an *internal* routing problem, but I'll be da^ned if I can figure it out after spending over 30+ hours on this entire VPN thing! The only thing I haven't tried is a <CTRL>+<SHIFT>+<LEFT-ELBOW>+<RIGHT-KNEE> !

BTW: All the documentation I've come across doesn't address a strong and cohesive configuration plan for avoiding the problems I've read in this forum. No doc seems to take it passed the "launch the Novell client, login and have a merry time." Hasn't anyone put together a cohesive hints, tips & tricks guide for getting VPN 3.8 to work beyond the "basic" installation?If it weren't for Craig's guide, I would have committed suicide a long time ago.

I am grateful for any assistance.

Regards.

|
|
|
V

(I've added blank lines for readabilty in the below)
<========[ BEGIN LOGIN SCRIPT MESSAGES ]==========>
Your current context is TekLab
Your current tree is: TEK-5
You are attached to server TEK-5_SRVR2.
Network Address is: C0A8C901

Drive G: = TEK-5_SRVR1_SYS: \

TEK-5_SRVR3
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-890: The specified server is unknown.
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed.
[ROOT H:=TEK-5_SRVR3\VOL1:\HOME\HOWARD]
The error code was 8884.

Drive J: = TEK-5_SRVR1_VOL1: \

TEK-5_SRVR3
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed.
[K:=TEK-5_SRVR3\SYS:]
The error code was 8884.

TEK-5_SRVR3
[L:=TEK-5_SRVR3\VOL1:]
The error code was 8884.

Drive Q: = TEK-5_SRVR2_SYS: \
Drive R: = TEK-5_SRVR2_VOL1: \

TEK-5_SRVR4
[M:=TEK-5_SRVR4\SYS:]
The error code was 8884.

TEK-5_SRVR4
[N:=TEK-5_SRVR4\VOL1:]
The error code was 8884.

TEK-5_SRVR4
[S:=TEK-5_SRVR4\CACHE2:]
The error code was 8884.

S1: = Z:. [TEK-5_SRVR2_SYS:PUBLIC \]

TEK-5_SRVR3
[S16:=TEK-5_SRVR3\VOL1:TEK5\BATCH]
The error code was 8884.

>========[ END LOGIN SCRIPT MESSAGES ]==========<

Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU !