I am attempting to follow the instructions in the System Administration Reference entitled:

34.2 Replacing an Existing Primary Server with a New Primary Server

I have completed the backup portion of the process by following the directions. Everything seems to backup fine.

I have shutdown the old primary server, and built out my new server on new hardware, installed ZCM 11 and began restoring. I get to the step where I am to restore the certificate authority by running zman certificate-authority import, and I get the following error:

An internal error occured. Please check the zman log for more information.
ERROR: 11.

The log appears to be several Java related errors. Here is the relavent log info:

[DEBUG] [6/6/11 5:25:50 PM] [] [ZMan] [] [Command failed (partially or totally)] [] []
[DEBUG] [6/6/11 5:25:50 PM] [] [ZMan] [] [Command completed in 33790 ms] [] []
[DEBUG] [6/6/11 5:25:56 PM] [] [ZMan] [] [Command: cai c:\zcm_backups\certauth.bak ] [] []
[DEBUG] [6/6/11 5:26:33 PM] [] [ZMan] [] [Error:An internal error occurred. Please check the zman log for more information.] [] []
[DEBUG] [6/6/11 5:26:33 PM] [] [CommandRunner] [] [java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newI nstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Construc tor.java:501)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.CommandRunner.execute(Com mandRunner.java:88)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.ZMan.executeRunner(ZMan.j ava:327)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.ZMan.main(ZMan.java:511)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.ZManLoader.loadZMan(ZManL oader.java:59)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.ZManLoader.main(ZManLoade r.java:143)
Caused by: com.novell.zenworks.zman.exceptions.ZManException: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalD ataModelException: element not present{http://novell.com/zenworks/datamodel/services/zoneconfig/soap:hasZENServerRoleResponse}
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.exceptions.ZManExceptionH andler.handleException(ZManExceptionHandler.java:2 35)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.exceptions.ZManExceptionH andler.handleException(ZManExceptionHandler.java:6 8)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.exceptions.ZManExceptionH andler.processRemoteException(ZManExceptionHandler .java:444)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.commands.CAHandler.<init> (CAHandler.java:86)
... 13 more
Caused by: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalD ataModelException: element not present{http://novell.com/zenworks/datamodel/services/zoneconfig/soap:hasZENServerRoleResponse}
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.exceptions.ZManExceptionH andler.createException(ZManExceptionHandler.java:3 10)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.exceptions.ZManExceptionH andler.makeDataModelException(ZManExceptionHandler .java:298)
... 15 more
Caused by: java.io.EOFException: element not present{http://novell.com/zenworks/datamodel/services/zoneconfig/soap:hasZENServerRoleResponse}
at com.novell.soa.ws.impl.soap.LiteralEncodingStyle.r eadObject(LiteralEncodingStyle.java:165)
at com.novell.soa.ws.impl.xml.InputStreamImpl.readObj ect(InputStreamImpl.java:80)
at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.zoneconfig. soap.ZoneConfigAdminServiceBinding_Stub.hasZENServ erRole(ZoneConfigAdminServiceBinding_Stub.java:520 4)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.commands.CAHandler.<init> (CAHandler.java:82)
... 13 more

If anyone has any ideas that can help, I'd appreciate it.

We are Currently running the embedded Sybase DB on the server, which is a Win 2008R2 server.

Any help from anyone who may be able to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.