Hi All;

We've recently migrated our Groupwise from Netware to SUSE/OES and I am now in the process of using dbcopy to copy the contents of the po, domain, and shared libraries to a different NSS volume and back it up from there. The issue that I am running into is my syntax within the shell script.

The shell script is not following the paths correctly. Within the script, I have the dbcopy copying information from /media/nss/GROUPWISE/gwpo to another NSS volume called /media/nss/GWBACK. Problem is that when I run it, it will not use the volume GWBACK, it will create a separate directory called 'GWBACK' under the nss folder, and copy things into it there. It filled up the root partition and almost caused a lot of problems.

Please look at the script and let me know what you think. The plan is to have dbcopy copy everything to a separate volume and back that up to tape. I would like to run it every night so that the information is fresh. I don't know if I have to add any switches to it. I am operating on the assumption that dbcopy overwrites everything w/out prompting. Here's the script...

# Script to backup GroupWise system

# Copy the GroupWise Post Office to the backup volume
/opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/dbcopy /media/nss/GROUPWISE/gwpo /media/nss/GWBACK
# Copies the Document libraries to the backup volume
/opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/dbcopy -b /media/nss/GROUPWISE/doclib /media/nss/GWBACK
/opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/dbcopy -b /media/nss/GROUPWISE/doclib2 /media/nss/GWBACK
#Copies the Groupwise domain to the backup volume
/opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/dbcopy /media/nss/GROUPWISE/gwdom /media/nss/GWBACK

Thanks for your help.