The Inventory Only Agent (10.3) has NEVER worked in our heterogenous environment. After investigating the installation, OS, logs, etc., here is what I have found so far:

1. The installation goes smoothly and indicates that in the /var/log/zenumia-install.log
2. The inventory files (sp.spx, *-last.pdict) on the client have full inventories
3. There is nothing that differentiates the HW & SW, HW only, and No inventoried systems.
4. The OS are 10.5.8 and 10.6.6, but that doesn't seem to have any bearing on the outcome.

5. The XML inventory file that gets created and uploaded to the server is the first indication of the problem. It reveals HW & SW, HW only, or No inventories, which means what ever creates the XML file on the client isn't reading the inventory files in the /usr/local/novell/zenumia/umia folder, at least not properly.

Tried deleteing .pdict, .xml, and .cfg files, changing inventory schedule on server, fixing permissions, clearing caches, even completely removing agent and reinstalling new agent. All systems report the same respective degree of inventory.

It would help if I knew the actual detailed process used to collect and create the XML file. Or if someone knows the problem, I would sure like to hear it. Thank you to any and all for any help you can provide.