Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but here goes.....

One of our Directory servers is still SLES 10 SP2 with OES2 SP1. We've been having a few eDirectory problems and have decided to as a first step get everything patched to the same level.

I have tried to follow move-to-oes2-sp2, a guide through the process which seemed to match our situation perfectly.

I setup a new mirror file with the pool and online channels mentioned.

Now this is where I got a bit confused, the document says to supscribe to the OES2-SP2 and SLES10-SP3 channels and then fully patch the server.....So i'm applying OES2 SP2 patches to a OES2 SP1 server etc.. I let it fully patch, expecting when it was patched to then get the "move-to-oes2-sp2" patch (it wasn't there before, i saved a list of the applied patches), mentioned in the document, but after a reboot, I don't see the "move-to-oes2-sp2" patch (infact there are no more patches to apply).

If I do a rug pd -i it still only shows SLES 10 SP2 and OES2 SP1, but a SPident -v shows SLES10 SP3 and oes-SPident -v shows OES2 SP2.

I created a checkpoint before applying the patches, so I guess I can roll back, but i'm not sure if its just the "move-to-oes2-sp2" patch i'm missing, or if i've gone really wrong somewhere.

Has anyone else done an upgrade with ZLM and know where i've gone wrong?