The more I roll Zen updates out the more fuster clucked our installs seem to get.

Many of the installs (which versions, you ask? Try ALL) are resulting in errors and after a reboot you can see that all the components of Zen do not upgrade. Sometimes Remote Management will remain an older version or sometime everything will look upgraded but the "ZENworks Adaptive Agent Version" will remain (such as my own workstation has at the top, but at the bottom it says 10.3.3.(build) for everything).

The other way you can check is by going to the Registry and look in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\ where I found many mixes of Zen components across the board!

I decided to do an assessment of the situation and created a test bundle with about 50 (not an exact number) System Requirements separated by OR's. They are "Registry Key Exists" "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\Uninstall\{09DA7F2A-9492-45EE-B6F9-C7088CD5B257}" "Yes". Luckily since I've been having this issue for awhile I had a list of all the GUIDs for all the packages.

About an hour later I had 42 devices listed with more expected this morning.

What is the best way to resolve these mixed up installs?

I tried upgrading the MSI installs individually but that doesn't seem to work. Do I need to write an uninstall of the MSI then install? Which would mean I need to map the GUIDs... ugh :(

I'm really starting to think about getting a new job just to get away from supporting this product. ;)

But seriously, for awhile my life has been nothing but a barfy mishmash of weeks after weeks of cleaning up Zenworks installs, if there are any secrets that will make my Zen environment a less depressing place I'd like to know.