Hi all.

I receive BAD MESSAGE mails from my GWIA several times a week. Many are from users using Spanish accents in the subject of mails sent with Outlook 2010, some of them come from monitoring appliances, some from outside my company. It happened when we had Groupwise 7.0.3 and I had the hope it would be resolved in the latest Groupwise release. Now we have version 8.0.2 HP2 on OES2 SLES10 SP3 x64 machines, but GWIA continues refusing them.

As a continuation of the work I did in another post, I will report here the cases I find and I can resolve manually. If anyone reading this has any answer or suggestion to solve this (I don't want to continue processing manually every BAD MESSAGE we receive), I would be very thankful.

So, let's go with the first one. It comes from a monitoring camera and a "Invalid minimum string length (AA02)" is reported in the GWIA log. Headers are:

MAIL FROM:<botzware[at]netbotz[dot]com>
RCPT TO:<lbernaldez[at]tauli[dot]es>
RCPT TO:<admin[at]tauli[dot]es>
RCPT TO:<nagios[dot]tauli[at][externalprovider][dot]com>
Received: from TNCPDMON (tncpdmon[dot]tauli[dot]es [10.10.x.x])
by oescorreu11[dot]tauli[dot]es with ESMTP; Wed, 17 Aug 2011 07:23:20 +0200
Subject: Value Error - Information - Camera Motion - Camara de Techo
To: lbernaldez[at]tauli[dot]es, admin[at]tauli[dot]es, nagios[dot]tauli[at][externalprovider][dot]com
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="NetBotzBoundary12345"
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 07:23:12 +0200
Message-Id: <1313558602.12256@TNCPDMON>

I've tested removing the externalprovider address both from RCPT TO: (the whole line) and from the To: line and GWIA accepted it. In another message, I removed the local destinations leaving only the externalprovider one and it also worked. I don't have any more messages to test with, right now, but I will do more testing just to see what happens.

Thanks in advance.