We've been testing ZCM 10 in a SLES 10 environment for about a year and have about 150 PCs and Macs in the ZCM 10 database now. We have been a Zfd7 environment for many years, and I decided not to try to migrate the existing database, but to convert "by attrition". That is we've been using the ZCM 10 server for imaging new machines which have then become the new ZCM 10 inventory, and have created a few application bundles, just to get a feel for it.

We have decided not to pursue the Linux environment, though, and want to switch to a Windows-based ZENworks server. I'd like to just install the ZCM 11 SP1 on a new Windows 2008R2 VM and start from there.

What's the easiest way to get my existing ZCM inventory into the ZCM 11SP1 environment? All the "Migration" documentation seems to be focused on ZfD7, not ZCM 10. Should I just uninstall the ZCM 10.3.3 clients from my existing inventory and then install the ZCM 11 SP1 client, from the new server? Could I actually push the new client out in a ZCM 10 bundle? Or is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks in advance for advice.