Agents and Clients are 8.0.2HP2 on Windows 2008 Servers and XP workstation.

User wants to create a shared calendar that he manages. I figure this can't be too hard so I try it before I call him...

Create the New Calendar and Share It:
I log into GroupWise as myself.
Right-click Calendar...New Calendar...give it a name.
Right-click the new calendar...Sharing...share it with a second account.
Uncheck the box next to the calendar so (I expect) it's items do not appear in my personal calendar and the same for the shared user.

Enter a New Appointment:
Right-click a day (in Month view)...New...Appointment...enter details...click Send.
This appointment does not appear in the new calendar that I just created (not what I expected). Instead the appointment item appears in my personal calendar (not what I expected).
The appointment does not appear in the shared calendar (not what I expected) and does not appear in the shared calendar user's personal calendar (this I did expect).

Enter a Posted Appointment:
Right-click a day (still in Month view)...New...Posted appointment...enter details...Click Post.
The posted appointment DOES appear in the new calendar (this I did expect), and in my personal calendar (not what I expected).
The posted appointment DOES appear in the shared calendar (this I did expect), and in the shared calendar user's personal calendar (not what I expected).

Two questions:
Why don't all appointments entered in the new calendar appear in the new calendar?
Why doesn't unchecking a new personal calendar remove it's items from personal calendars?