I am running GroupWise 8.0.2, Primary Domain on a Windows 2008 R2 server. Secondary (Student) Domain on Netware 6.5 SP8. We have migrated most of the users from the Secondary Domain to Microsoft Live@edu. We would like to maintain access to both the Live@edu accounts as well as the internal GroupWise accounts for a period of about 90 days to allow transfer of old messages, and updating of external mailing lists.

My original plan was to set visibility of the GroupWise account to None, and create an External Domain / PO for all of the external accounts, with a visibility of System. I would expect this to populate the address book with the new external addresses, and hide the internal. Good enough for my purposes.

However, I am dealing with around 22,000 accounts, and need a method to reasonably automate the External User process. I attempted to use Matt Weisberg's GroupWise External User Import Tool from http://www.novell.com/communities/no...al-user-import. However, after creating the CSV and running the import, I get a Failure to Commit error message on every account, so it doesn't work.

- Is this because the addresses are for existing user accounts? (Note the Internet Mail address would be different, but First and Last Name would of course be the same as is the actual account name. ie. user123@domain.edu internally, user123@external.domain.com externally.)

- Is there another tool, or utility that I can use to import the user accounts. (I do have IDM 3.6.1 but always have some difficulty getting it do what I want. Plus in this case, I don't know if I should use the GroupWise Driver, or a Null Driver for the existing accounts (better questions for the IDM threads...) but it's an option.

- Is there anything special that needs to be done with the Server 2008 hosted Domain to allow the GWEUI to work?

Sorry if this is in the wrong group. But it seems more like an Admin/Setup question than any type of Agent issue.

I have gotten around it by changing the Internet Address of all my Student accounts, and sending the mail through Gateway's rather than Domain connections. But it's a total kludge and it's causing more problems than it's worth (since I'm supposed to be maintaining access to the internal accounts as well, and pretty much need to force the Internet Address to the External addresses to get the replies to route properly).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!