I am not sure how to fully explain this...

I have a NSS volume mounted at /srv/group which I can access via NCP or Samba (i.e. \\NCPNAME\GROUP or \\SMBNAME\GROUP) or from the server command line.

I see all the same files regardless of which way I view the volume. However there is this weird problem...

CASE 1:
Say I create a test file from a NCP connection - I can see it in all views. (Good)
Say I delete that file from a SMB connection - I no longer see it in any view. (Good)
Say I recreate that test file with the same name in the NCP connection - I can see it in the NCP view but no where else!!! (in fact I get an error in the command line from /bin/ls saying the file does not exist)

CASE 2:
Say I create a test file from a NCP connection - I can see it in all views. (Good)
Say I delete that file from a SMB connection - I no longer see it in any view. (Good)
Say I recreate that test file with the same name in the SMB connection - I can see it in the SMB view and command line but not in the NCP view!!!

I have noticed that everything does sync up again after a reboot. But there must be a way to fix/sync this quicker/manually!

Thanks
Bob