We have created a new windows 7 sp1 image for deployment via our vmware vdi solution, the image just has the zenworks agent installed but unregistered in it.

When we deploy the image via vmware it clones the "goldmachine and boots it and runs a script which does a zac reg on the machine which seems to work fine. when the machine then reboots the machine does sticks on the Welcome screen for about 20 minutes and eventually then comes up with a zen login box but whatever you put in the re does work it just says check your cert etc etc when i cancel that box and get to the desktop and look in the eventview i have got a service failure for the ZenworksWindowsService.exe which has died. hence the problems logging in.

the full error is

Faulting application name: ZenworksWindowsService.exe, version:, time stamp: 0x4cee327c
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17651, time stamp: 0x4e2111c0
Exception code: 0xe053534f
Fault offset: 0x0000d36f
Faulting process id: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12
Report Id: %13

anyone seen this before ? any advice would be grateful as its another nail in the novell coffin to ditch it and just go with microsoft technolgoies

Ps we are running zen 11 and i found this Zenworks agent crash on Windows 7 / Windows 2008 after system update 11 but can someone from novell shed light as to what engineering are doing about that tid as that was 7 months ago ?

Cheers in advance