My attempt to upgrade from ZCM 10 sp3 to ZCM 11 sp1a failed and I could use some help in deciphering where it went wrong. As a side note, I had also just upgraded from SLES 10 sp3 to SP4.

The ZENworks_Upgrade.log.xml file had three Error entries. The first two were "Error occurred while importing the update into the zone" and the last was "Failed to import System Update". All three referenced the system-update-import.log. What appears to be the pertinent information is below. The first line of the snippet references strawberry-perl-5.10.1.0.msi, which has me thrown.

Thanks in advance for your help!

system-update-import.log

[FINE][Fri Dec 16 14:06:45 EST 2011][UpdateDownloader]Unable to download content (strawberry-perl-5.10.1.0.msi) from server (file:///media/ZENworks11SP1/Common). Will not retry java.io.IOException: Input/output error
at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.commons.io.IOUtils.copy(IOUtils.java:99 6)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.doCopyFile(FileUti ls.java:564)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils .java:544)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils .java:498)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.SystemUpdateUtil. copyFile(SystemUpdateUtil.java:454)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.DirectoryHelper.g etUrlAsFile(DirectoryHelper.java:92)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.UpdateDownloader. getContentFromServer(UpdateDownloader.java:657)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.UpdateDownloader. getContentFromServer(UpdateDownloader.java:651)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.UpdateDownloader. _getContentFromServer(UpdateDownloader.java:561)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.UpdateDownloader. getContentFromServer(UpdateDownloader.java:489)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.SystemUpdateDownl oader.downloadUpdate(SystemUpdateDownloader.java:1 35)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.SUImportUpdator.i mportSystemUpdate(SUImportUpdator.java:118)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.SUImportUpdator.i mportSystemUpdate(SUImportUpdator.java:67)
at com.novell.zenworks.configure.actions.ImportSUConf igureAction.configure(ImportSUConfigureAction.java :69)
at com.novell.zenworks.configure.ZENworksConfigure.ex ecConfigAction(ZENworksConfigure.java:1549)
at com.novell.zenworks.install.customcode.configure.B aseZenConfigAction.install(BaseZenConfigAction.jav a:60)
at com.novell.zenworks.install.customcode.configure.C onfigImportSUAction.install(ConfigImportSUAction.j ava:30)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.CustomAction.instal lSelf(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.InstallablePiece.install(Da shoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.GhostDirectory.install(Dash oA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Installer.install(DashoA10* ..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.InstallProgressActi on.n(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.ProgressPanelAction $1.run(DashoA10*..)

[FINE][Fri Dec 16 14:06:45 EST 2011][UpdateDownloader]Unable to download content from server (file:///media/ZENworks11SP1/Common). Will attempt alternate URLs
[FINEST][Fri Dec 16 14:06:45 EST 2011][SUImportUpdator]Attempting to set update status to ERROR with message: SystemUpdate.error.getcontent
[FINEST][Fri Dec 16 14:06:45 EST 2011][SUImportUpdator]Status for update (50110100001e69ca2ccb2865b42bf7b3): DOWNLOADING
[FINEST][Fri Dec 16 14:06:45 EST 2011][SUImportUpdator]Updated update (50110100001e69ca2ccb2865b42bf7b3) status to ERROR
[FINE][Fri Dec 16 14:06:45 EST 2011][SystemUpdateDownloader]Error downloading update com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.exceptions.System UpdateException: Unable to download content for command (60eb21ef8d1c79064e4db0a6e8015026) from any server
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.UpdateDownloader. getContentFromServer(UpdateDownloader.java:511)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.SystemUpdateDownl oader.downloadUpdate(SystemUpdateDownloader.java:1 35)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.SUImportUpdator.i mportSystemUpdate(SUImportUpdator.java:118)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.SUImportUpdator.i mportSystemUpdate(SUImportUpdator.java:67)
at com.novell.zenworks.configure.actions.ImportSUConf igureAction.configure(ImportSUConfigureAction.java :69)
at com.novell.zenworks.configure.ZENworksConfigure.ex ecConfigAction(ZENworksConfigure.java:1549)
at com.novell.zenworks.install.customcode.configure.B aseZenConfigAction.install(BaseZenConfigAction.jav a:60)
at com.novell.zenworks.install.customcode.configure.C onfigImportSUAction.install(ConfigImportSUAction.j ava:30)

[SEVERE][Fri Dec 16 14:06:45 EST 2011][SUImportUpdator]Error importing system update contents com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.exceptions.System UpdateException: Error importing system update contents
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.SUImportUpdator.i mportSystemUpdate(SUImportUpdator.java:137)

[FINEST][Fri Dec 16 14:06:45 EST 2011][SUImportUpdator]Attempting to set update status to ERROR with message: SystemUpdate.error.importingcommands
[FINEST][Fri Dec 16 14:06:45 EST 2011][SUImportUpdator]Updated update (50110100001e69ca2ccb2865b42bf7b3) status to ERROR