Home

Thread: Change mountpoint of Homedirectory

Change mountpoint of Homedirectory

Hi,

can somebody tell me, if i can change the Mountpoint of the Homedirectory, because of if i have a local account, the Homedirectory wont be mounted.

Thx

Felix

Re: Change mountpoint of Homedirectory

Quote Originally Posted by fkrieser View Post
    Hi,

can somebody tell me, if i can change the Mountpoint of the Homedirectory, because of if i have a local account, the Homedirectory wont be mounted.

Thx

Felix
    I assume that you're referring to this in the context of the plug-in. Simply changing your home directory attribute in eDirectory will not resolve the issue where you already have a local account with the same name as your eDirectory account and wish to authenticate and mount storage via the plug-in. The authentication mechanism in OS X does not work this way. Once it finds a local account with that entered in loginwindow, it will only attempt to authenticate that account against the local authentication authority.

If you already have a local account, you are better off using the Desktop Client in this scenario.

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matthewdefoor View Post
    I assume that you're referring to this in the context of the plug-in. Simply changing your home directory attribute in eDirectory will not resolve the issue where you already have a local account with the same name as your eDirectory account and wish to authenticate and mount storage via the plug-in. The authentication mechanism in OS X does not work this way. Once it finds a local account with that entered in loginwindow, it will only attempt to authenticate that account against the local authentication authority.

If you already have a local account, you are better off using the Desktop Client in this scenario.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Ok, thanks.
    But then I start the Client, the full Path of the Share is mounted and I have to browse through the whole Infrastructur.
    Can you tell me how to mount the homedirectory directly?

Next Problem is, in the Kanaka-Plugin, I cant mount other shares, like in this screenshot:

Quote Originally Posted by fkrieser View Post
    Ok, thanks.
    But then I start the Client, the full Path of the Share is mounted and I have to browse through the whole Infrastructur.
    Can you tell me how to mount the homedirectory directly?

Next Problem is, in the Kanaka-Plugin, I cant mount other shares, like in this screenshot:
    AFP doesn't allow you to mount directly to a particular path. However, in the Kanaka Desktop Client you can double-click on the items in the sidebar and it will take you directly to that location.

What other shares are you trying to mount? How are they configured? Are you trying to mount just ad-hoc shares? If so, you could set them up via Storage Location Objects.

You'll need to be a bit more specific on what you are trying to accomplish.

Cheers,
    Matt