Novell posted on download.novell.com/Download?buildid=l31zfe2aWK0~ patch ZCM 11.1 combined fix for "ZENworks Adaptive Agent" on desktop, see TID 7007656, Bundles randomly disappear after ZCM 11.1 update - see TID 7009087 and Bundle verify fails with Reboot/Shutdown action - see TID 7009953.

The bundle created using the xml file in this fix contains wrong command:
The action "Rename old files, copy new files" points partly to a wrong directory:
>cd /d "%ZENWORKS_HOME%\bin\handlers\"< should be >cd /d "%ZENWORKS_HOME%\bin\modules\"<

The description of the patch

>Known Problems:
>Note: with this update in place, to activate the fix for TID 7007656 'Icon for "ZENworks Adaptive Agent" is displayed on Windows 7/W2K8R2 desktop', then in the registry of a >managed device, it is necessary to create a DWORD
>HKLM\Software\Novell\ZCM\NAL\SetIconOnDesktop and set the value to 1 - this automatically does the work shown in the workaround in the TID, and has the same limitation, i.e., it >must not be used when Folder Redirection is used.

is also faulty, the correct version is (value to 0 instead value to 1)

>Known Problems:
>Note: with this update in place, to activate the fix for TID 7007656 'Icon for "ZENworks Adaptive Agent" is displayed on Windows 7/W2K8R2 desktop', then in the registry of a >managed device, it is necessary to create a DWORD
>HKLM\Software\Novell\ZCM\NAL\SetIconOnDesktop and set the value to 0 - this automatically does the work shown in the workaround in the TID, and has the same limitation, i.e., it >must not be used when Folder Redirection is used.

Is Novell not testing the patches? This is not the first time I found error(s) in the patches ...

Werner Seifert
Johannes Kepler University Linz/Austria