I have seen that there have been few posts that been related to this but none of them have helped me solve my problem. Below I have pasted in the output from the client script. This log in script runs exactly as expected on win xp sp 3 but win 7 it doesn't. The only consistent thing I have seen from context to context and user to user is that if a user is within the context of an authenticating server (the server they are authenticating to) then the mappings for that server work, but mappings to other non-authenticating servers do not. For the output below the context is ehs.svusd and the server is within that context; main.ehs.svusd.

I have examined the client properties between the xp boxes and the win 7 boxes and that did not reveal anything. The client version is client 2 sp 2 for win 7.

I am hoping that I don't have to burn an SR to get this solved. Is the client just problematic on win 7?

LOGIN-LGNWNT32-400: A network drive cannot be mapped to a drive
that is designated as a local drive.
[ON]
SECONDARY.STUDENTS.EHS.SVUSD
LOGIN-LGNWNT32-890: The specified server is unknown.
LOGIN-LGNWNT32-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed.
[H:=SECONDARY.STUDENTS.EHS.SVUSD/DATA:]
The error code was 8884.
LOGIN-LGNWNT32-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed.
[I:=SECONDARY.STUDENTS.EHS.SVUSD/SYS:]
The error code was 8884.
DO.DO.SVUSD
[J:=DO.DO.SVUSD/SYS:]
The error code was 8884.
DO.DO.SVUSD
[K:=DO.DO.SVUSD/USERS:]
The error code was 8884.
SVJH_SERVER.SVJH.SVUSD
[L:=SVJH_SERVER.SVJH.SVUSD/SYS:]
The error code was 8884.
SVJH_SERVER.SVJH.SVUSD
[M:=SVJH_SERVER.SVJH.SVUSD/STAFF:]
The error code was 8884.
[N:=SECONDARY.STUDENTS.EHS.SVUSD/DATA:ACCLDATA]
The error code was 8884.
SVJH_SERVER.SVJH.SVUSD
[O:=SVJH_SERVER.SVJH.SVUSD/STUDENTS:]
The error code was 8884.
Drive P: = MAIN_SYS.EHS: \
Drive Q: = MAIN_APPS.EHS: \
Drive R: = MAIN_USERS.EHS: \
FJE.FJE.SVUSD
[S:=FJE.FJE.SVUSD/DATA:]
The error code was 8884.
FJE.FJE.SVUSD
[T:=FJE.FJE.SVUSD/SYS:]
The error code was 8884.
LOGIN-LGNWNT32-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid path:
(V:=GRPWISE.SVUSD/GRPWISE_GRPWISEVOL:GRPWISE/GWDOMAIN)
SVUSD1.SVUSD
[W:=SVUSD1.SVUSD/SVUSD1DATA:]
The error code was 8884.