Here is a question that I received from one of my customers regarding the behavior of the GroupWise client. If this is not the correct forum, please let me know and I can move it to the appropriate location.

"I would like to know is if there is a way to determine whether a sending employee initiated a retraction or if Groupwise just took that action on its own. On Feb 9, I sent an email to 3 attorneys. One attorney opened the email very shortly after receipt; she is on PO1, if that makes a difference. The email was retracted, according to the Properties, about 2.5 hours later and deleted from my Sent box and the other two employees Mailboxes. All 3 of us are on PO2.

From looking at the email, which gave the two employees in question an assignment, I can't think of a reason why I would have retracted the email. However, I would have just assumed that I did initiate the retraction, except one of the employees reports that several other emails have gone missing recently. I also know there were some problems with PO2. So, I told the employee I would ask if there are any other reports of similar deletions".

Is it possible for the GroupWise system to initiate an email retraction, or is that all user based? I would not think that it was possible but I just need to know how to pursue this with the customer.

Thank you,