I've got a new Windows 7 32-bit VMware virutal machine that's been fully patched with the latest Microsoft patches except for IE9. So far, I have tried installing Novell Client 2 SP2 IR2a, Novell Client 2 SP2, and Novell Client 2 SP1 IR9a, and all have had the same issue. When I extract the package and then either launch setup.exe manually or have the unzip program do it for me, I never get a splash screen for the install and if I watch Task Manager, I'll see setup.exe spawn itself over and over. I have also tried right-clicking setup.exe and choosing Run As Administrator on each of the three versions but I'm seeing the same results. I do have this particular machine joined to a Windows AD domain and so the only thing I haven't really tried yet, short of continuing to go back in version, is to remove the machine from the AD domain and then try the Client 2 install.

Has anyone else encountered this issue before? Some sort conflict with VMware tools, perhaps? Any ideas appreciated...thanks!