Thread: Threaded mode post-selection box blank

Threaded View

Threaded mode post-selection box blank

This is a bit of a weird one.

When I try to view some threads on these forums in Threaded Mode (as opposed to Linear Mode or Hybrid Mode), using Firefox, the hierarchical display of Subject lines in the box at the top of the thread is blank, and there are no visible links to any post except the one being currently displayed. (The HTML source backs this up, so this isn't just a rendering issue.)

When I try to view other threads on the same forums in Threaded Mode, from the same browser, it works fine.

When I try to view any threads I've tried so far using Internet Explorer, it works fine. (EDIT: No, it doesn't. It did when I first tested, but now it fails there too.)

This has been observed on versions of Firefox as far apart as 3.5.2 and 11.0, on at least three separate computers. It has also been observed both with and without NoScript present.

Any idea what could be going on here, and/or how to fix it? IE and Hybrid Mode are functional if not entirely adequate workarounds, but I do greatly prefer Threaded Mode proper.

Edit: Silly me. One thread which exhibits the problems is
    and one which does not (selected somewhat at random) is
    Last edited by inverseparadox; 30-May-2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Newer test results