Hi All,

Hope you can help clarify something regarding Delayed Send Items.

I have a user who set up an email with a delay send of 12 days. A couple of days before the time for release and delivery, he had to cancel the email and thought he had, but the email was sent as scheduled. He knows this because he Cc'd himself on the email.

I asked him what he had done to stop the email and he advised that he locate the email in his sent items, right click and selected Delete=>Delete from all mailboxes and thought that was all that was needed as the email disappeared, but the email still went as scheduled.

I did some testing and found the following:

- delete / retract / retract and delete requests made to delay send email to internal addresses worked fine
- delete / retract / retract and delete requests made to delay send email to external addresses did not work, the email was sent at the scheduled time. The deleted email was sent from Trash

I understand I cannot retract an email that has been sent to an external address as it is no longer within Groupwise's control, however with a delayed email, isn't it still within the Groupwise system until the scheduled time?

cheers
Alan