Hi all: I have a fiarly big issue I need to solve. Let me start be explaining my situation. Our Primary server runs OES2 SP3. When we originally setup the server, there was no real guidance on partition sizing. We ended up creating "/" with 15 GB and separating our /var as a separate partition. Since /var was separate, I thought "/" was large enough at 15GB.

Now along comes ZENworks. With the latest update to 11.2.1, our "/" partition is almost full. Looking at the biggest users of space, I see that /opt/novell/zenworks/install is over 6GB in size. What I want to do is move this directory to another partition I have setup just for zenworks use and link to it via a symbolic link. The problem is that apache tomcat is not following the symbolic link so I cannot download various tools found under the /opt/novell/zenworks/install.

It looks to me like tomcat sets up a redirection that points to /opt/novell/zenworks/install/downloads and resolves to "/zenworks-downloads". I created a softlink for zenworks-downloads (/opt/novell/zenworks/share/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/zenworks-downloads) which points to the new location of /opt/novell/zenworks/install/downloads. However, tomcat will not follow this link.

So, any Tomcat gurus out there know how to fix this?