I have (2) SuSE Linux 10/OES2 servers running GroupWise 8.0.3: (1) Running GWIA/Web Access and a Secondary Domain and (1) with the Primary Domain and Post Office. The agents are running as daemons. This GroupWise System has ~1,200 users/mailboxes.

Originally the GW system was at 8.0.2 HP2 and was stable for about a year and a half. After upgrading to 8.0.2 HP3 and introducing the Mobile Data Synchronizer app (installed on a separate SLES11 server and the latest build Data Sync 1.2.3 build 822?), I've had nothing but problems trying to keep the GroupWise POA stable. About every 10 days or so, the POA will just stop responding and crash. A ./grpwise status shows the POA daemon dead or unused. I can restart the POA and get the services running again, but ideally I would like to see a fix. Management is considering looking into migrating to Google Apps or Office 365 if this isn't resolved soon.

I saw that 8.0 SP3 came out last month and that it corrected several POA crashes, so I was excited that perhaps this problem would go away. I upgrade the GroupWise System about 2 weeks ago and it seems as if it made the problem WORSE. The POA may go 2-3 days before it crashes and even then sometimes multiple times during that day. This is becoming very frustrating for both the end users and the IT staff.

I've searched several of the other posts on this forum and on the Data Sync forum but nothing so far has given me any relief (client connections, increasing threads, SuSE Linux conf file modifications, etc...) Does any one have any suggestions on how to diagnose or troubleshoot what is causing the problem? At this point, I'm not sure if its a GroupWise problem or a problem with the Data Synchronizer server and SOAP connections because they go hand in hand. Ideally, I'd like to take the Data Sync server out of the mix, but management won't allow me to do so.

Any thoughts or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.