This is the first OES server in this tree.

The existing servers (three Netware servers) are currently running Netware 6.0 sp 05. I've upgraded eDirectory to version 8.7.3 NDS version 10550.98. Currently having no real issues with the existing servers other than age and running out of disk space. There are approximately 1,000 users in this tree so I really need to add this new server to the tree to keep the logins / passwords. This server will be used for home directories and will not have any applications on it.

The install seems to go fine until the eDirectory configuration. It fails at Configuring SAS service ...

error follows:
Failed to configure SAS service: no such attribute err=-603
An error has occurred while configuring theNovell eDirectory Server. Please look /var/lpt/novell/edirectory/log/ndsd.log file for more information.
The instance at /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf is successfully configured.

ERROR: /opt/novell/eDirectory/bin/ndsconfig return value = 74

Entry from ndsd.log follows:
SecurityInstall: Error from pkiInstallCreatePKIObjects (ccode = -603; retval = 0). configuring Distribution Points for Certificate Revocation List:
An error occurred while configuring product SAS. Error description no such attribute.-603
NDSIInstallDSProduct: Returning -603.
DHModuleInit_dsi: Returning -603.
Certificate was added to keystore
Module dsi is not loaded

A search on that error got me to TID #7002554 which explains that the issue is that the Certificate Authority object was missing the Host Server attribute, and this is what is causing the error -603. Looking at the CA in NWAdmin or Console on does show that there is no Host Server listed. To fix that it next says to go to TID #3618399 which is actually about moving the CA to another server. In those instructions it uses iManager which is not available for NW 6.0 anymore. The last version of iMonitor that would work on nw6.0sp5 shows to be version 2.0.2 and all I've been able to find is version 2.7.

I do have ConsoleOne 1.3.6 on one of the NW6.0 servers and I have NWAdmin available. The server also has Remote Manager and iMonitor.

In ConsoleOne I get the error This feature is not available on this platform when I attempt to look at the CA's properties. In NWAdmin it gives the error that it can't tell what server owns the certificate but does allow me to look at it. The line for the server is blank there and will not let me edit it.

I'm kind of at a loss on where to go next. Either the CA is going to have to be fixed or I need to find another way of moving users with passwords to the new server. I am open for other suggestions too.