Home

Thread: A few OES11 migration questions

Threaded View

A few OES11 migration questions

1 In migrating netware servers in o=company I would like to setup the premigration servers & for the migrated servers to end up in ou=servers,o=company. Is that viable, or do you have to setup the pre-migratetion server in the same context as the existing netware server?

2 In a non-premigration situation how do you migrate iprint over from the old netware server. I setup a utility server where I would like to move printing to. Everyone is pointed to iprint.company.com for printing, so I am assuming once the deed is done I just change where that dns entry points, However I am not sure in a non-premigration configuration how to migrate iPrint printers.

3 In a non-premigration situation how do you migrate DHCP over from the old netware server. I setup a utility server where I would like to move DHCP to. I am not sure in a non-premigration configuration how to migrate DHCP.

4 SLP migration - when doing a premigration server of the DA, guessing you still set it up to point to the existing netware DA, then once ID migrated to OES change SLP to be a DA for the given scope?

5 GWIM migration - I see plenty of information on doing a gw8 + id transfer, but not seeing much on migrating novell instant messenger over

6 CA in an environment where the CA is not documented, whats the quickest way of finding it (if said server still exists) & migrating it off the netware box to an existing OES11 (and what roles does it need to have to support the CA)?

Thanks!
    Last edited by kkbass; 29-Jul-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    --
    http://abeNd.org - Novell News for IT Professionals