It took some tweaking to get the local user rights figured out properly. So for anyone who is interested, here is what I did.

Once ZENWorks 11.2 and 11.2.1 were installed I quickly realized that I had to set some local user rights to get what my users expect out of ZENWorks by default on Windows. By default, all users can only view ZEN icons. Then can't even install them. Somehow this seems a little screwy to me. Hopefully the ZENWorks guys will fix that in a later release.

In the meantime you can fix this so that it happens automatically the next time ZENWorks is refreshed by creating a new bundle.

I created a bundle called "configlocalzen". It is set to run on refresh and is assigned to the our Workstations folder in ZEN.

It runs the following script as root.

/opt/novell/zenworks/bin/zac ue '*' +Configure
/opt/novell/zenworks/bin/zac ue '*' +Install
/opt/novell/zenworks/bin/zac ua (your adminuser here if needed)
/opt/novell/zenworks/bin/zac ue (your adminuser here if needed) +SuperUser
This script will give all users the ability to Configure (I don't think Configure is really needed but it was recommended in lecture notes that I found) and Install apps in the NAL Window.The last two lines aren't specifically needed, but we have a hidden admin user ID on our Macs that I thought should also be given SuperUser rights. The user has to be added with the zac ua command and then also have it granted SuperUser rights.

Once your ZENWorks Agent is installed, the next time it refreshes the script should run and the rights will get setup properly.

You can check them after the script is run with the following command.

zac ul

User       |Privileges 
root       |SuperUser
*          |View, Install, Configure
You should see that * has Install and Configure rights set instead of just View.

If you are migrating off of ARD you can also run this script from ARD and it will work just fine as root as well.