Home

Thread: Send message to Groups in Novell Client not working

Threaded View

Send message to Groups in Novell Client not working

Hello,

it is not possible to send messages to Groups in the Novell Client, because the Users are not found. I followed TID 7008483 and set up the bindery-context in our Linux (OES2) and Netware-Servers (NW6.5) (eDir 8.8 SP6) to all OUs/Contexts where Users reside, but it has no effect.

What I did so far:

In the Netware-Servers: Typed in console:
    SET BINDERY CONTEXT = department1.site.company;department2.site.company; site.company;.company

Typing "set bindery context" gives back:
    Bindery context: department1.site.company; department2.site.company; site.company; .company

In the Linux-Servers, I stopped ndsd and typed in /etc/opt/novell/edirectory/conf/nds.conf:
    n4u.nds.bindery-context=ou=department1,ou=site,o=company;ou=depart ment2,ou=site,o=company;ou=site,o=company;o=compan y
    I tried also:
    n4u.nds.bindery-context=ou=department1.ou=site.o=company;ou=depart ment2.ou=site.o=company;ou=site.o=company;o=compan y
    And:
    n4u.nds.bindery-context=department1.site.company;department2.site. company;site.company;company
    Then I restarted ndsd

But only Users in the server-context (site.company) and above (company) are found.

I would appreciate any hints.
    Last edited by michaelhuber; 11-Sep-2012 at 09:34 AM.