I have a request from new management to enable password self service for our users. We are running OES2 SP3 (fully patched) and have had universal passwords enabled for well over a year without issue. Reading the documentation I believe our environment meets all of the prerequisites with our current UP policy. I've created the challenge set, enabled the policy from the forgotten password tab and forced user to configure the challenge question for the test context. Upon login at the workstation, as expected I am prompted to run through the challenge question wizard which completes normally. I then logged out of that workstation and attempted to use the new forgotten password policy and am greeted with the following from the Novell client:

Authenticate using Challenge Response and reset password? - To which I select yes

I am then presented with the following error from the Novell client:

Forgotten Password: Error
Unable to complete Forgotten Password recovery:
NMAS: invalid requested sequence

I've looked over the forums and the previous references to this all pertain to netware 6.x I've seen no references to this from OES2. Any hints on what to log from the OES box and or workstation to resolve this?