SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (i586)
Version - 10
Patchlevel - 2

This particular server is our intranet, Everything Help Desk and print server. It hung last week and once it came back up the NIC would not connect. Found a solution which requires VMware tools to be uninstalled and then reinstalled. That fixes the NIC problem but now the SYS nor the WEB volume will mount. At least I think that is the problem. I am a bit confused...the printing services are working fine, Everything Help desk is working fine and so is the intranet. On the server itself I can go to the srv/www/htdocs and see all my intranet files and structure. But when I try to map a drive to it, as I always have in the past using the Map command in my login script, I get the error "The specified server is unknown". If I try to manually map a drive through Windows Explorer, it tells me the same thing. I get the same result if I try a UNC path.
I have read many threads and tried this rcnovell-nss status, I get the error command not found. I run this on my other Linux File server and get the correct status.
I have gone here /opt/novell/nss/sbin but I have no nss directory.
So can someone tell me what I am missing? It seems everything is running fine in the background but I can't get to my volumes.

Any assistance will help and I appreciate it