I had a look at Support | Applications Launched by ZCM may behave differently than if launched outside of ZCM. According to this, Environment Variables in "HKCU\Volatile Environment" should be detected by ZENworks in Version 11.2.1 and newer. However it doesn't seem to be the case in our environment. Our workstations are members of a windows domain but Novell Client is installed aswell, since file and print services are hosted on OES Linux servers. Users are synchronized by IDM. We have configured Novell Client to be the initial credential provider, i. e. the Novell login happens first and credentials are then passed to the Windows domain login. We also set a group policy to ensure that login scripts are executed before Windows explorer starts. So far, all goes well. When I open a command prompt and type in the set command, I can see all user specific environment variables that were set in the Novell login script (including search drives in the path variable). But when I launch a ZCM bundle which is executed as user (a child process of ZenUserDaemon.exe) these variables are not seen. Is this the normal behavior?

We have the following components:
  • 3 primary servers (SLES 11 SP1) with ZCM version 11.2.2 Monthly Update 2
  • 1 Database server (Remote Sybase OEM)
  • Windows 7 SP1 64-bit (German) managed devices with ZCM agent version 11.2.1 Monthly Update 2 and 11.2.2 Monthly Update 2 on some devices