Well, medium-sized anyway.

I have Filr 1.0 built out in "large deployment" mode, synchronizing an AD directory service to grant access to Windows Server file shares.

I've successfully synced the 4800 staff users, but now that I'm attempting to sync the 3600 groups (don't ask...), the tomcat process is crashing every time. My sync settings are to Synchronize User/Group Profiles, Register LDAP Users/Groups Automatically, and Synchronize Group Membership.
I was able to complete all these syncs until I added "Synchronize Group Membership." On my first attempt to sync membership, it appeared to update 508 groups, but in subsequent attempts I've been able to get no more than 13. The log that explodes is /var/opt/novell/tomcat-filr/logs/ssf.log and the error looks like this:

2013-05-01 15:54:26,371 INFO [http-apr-8443-exec-5] [org.kablink.teaming.module.ldap.impl.LdapModuleImp l] - Searching for groups in base dn: OU=****,DC=*****,DC=ORG
2013-05-01 15:55:24,430 WARN [http-apr-8443-exec-5] [org.kablink.teaming.spring.web.portlet.DispatcherP ortlet] - Handler execution resulted in exception - forwarding to resolved error view
java.util.NoSuchElementException: Attribute member has no value
at javax.naming.directory.BasicAttribute.get(BasicAtt ribute.java:309)
at org.kablink.teaming.module.ldap.impl.LdapModuleImp l.syncGroups(LdapModuleImpl.java:4188)
at org.kablink.teaming.module.ldap.impl.LdapModuleImp l.syncAll(LdapModuleImpl.java:2402)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:88)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)

and so forth in classic tomcat style.

After this post, I'll increase the memory and cpu and java heap on the filr appliance to see if that helps. But I am curious if anyone here has any suggestions on how to further troubleshoot this issue or resolve it.

Specifically are there additional interesting log files beyond the tomcat-filr directory and the famt.log?