We've been using Filr internally now for some time with specific users only. I'm getting ready to deploy to a large group of people and I'm concerned about the idea that Filr seems to have you turn on sharing for everyone in the system and then disable it for who you don't want to have it. I'm surprised by this implementation choice from a security standpoint I'd rather have sharing disabled by default only allow it for authorized users. We have a large student population that we don't currently want to share yet.

As such I've had to create a dynamic group of students contexts and we'll use that to turn off sharing for that group of users. However, it means I have to trust that the Novell eDir Dynamic Group will always query properly all the members and that Filr will always properly sync these users into the no sharing group.

Am I missing something or is there no way to only allow sharing for those users that you want, not everyone with exclusions?https://forums.novell.com/images/smilies/confused.png