Home

Thread: make groupwise pull from a pop3 account online then deliver

Hybrid View

make groupwise pull from a pop3 account online then deliver

Hi there,

Is there a way to make Groupwise pull from an email account (not within groupwise) hosted somewhere that is pop3 enabled, and then deliver that email to an address in Groupwise?
    I have looked on Google, and the only thing I could see is a pop forwarding agent for Groupwise 5.5.

Re: make groupwise pull from a pop3 account online then deli

If it were IMAP and not POP3, it would be easy: imapsync, imapcopy, etc... pop2imap may be an option. But its likely to be a mess. What mail system is this on the POP3 side?

-- Bob
    Bob Mahar --
    Do you do what you do at a .EDU? http://novell.com/ttp
    "Programming is like teaching a jellyfish to build a house."
    More Bob: Twitter Blog Vimeo <-- Click And Be Amazed!

If you find my posts helpful, please, for the love of God, I beg you, please show your appreciation by clicking on the the little star below. If you don't, Kim beats me with frozen weasel carcasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob-O-Rama View Post
    If it were IMAP and not POP3, it would be easy: imapsync, imapcopy, etc... pop2imap may be an option. But its likely to be a mess. What mail system is this on the POP3 side?

-- Bob
    Bob, sorry I should have mentioned that, it can be accessed either via pop3/imap. its just a regular email account hosted on a Linux cpanel server, so i am assuming its running Postfix. I don't have root acces to the server so not 100% sure of what system its running.

An older GW client can talk POP or IMAP and may be able to pull the POP contents into a folder in GroupWise. I'm not sure if that is available in the most recent version, however it doesn't need to be. You can install an older client into a tiny VM and let it sync. Kudge. But should work.
    Bob Mahar --
    Do you do what you do at a .EDU? http://novell.com/ttp
    "Programming is like teaching a jellyfish to build a house."
    More Bob: Twitter Blog Vimeo <-- Click And Be Amazed!

If you find my posts helpful, please, for the love of God, I beg you, please show your appreciation by clicking on the the little star below. If you don't, Kim beats me with frozen weasel carcasses.