I'm trying to transition my organization from an entirely statically assigned IP environment to DHCP (reserved). A vendor of ours set up and configured DHCP services on a new OES11 SP1 server that was created and taught me how to reserve IP addresses and I started assigning addresses to MAC in preparation for changing the NIC information from statically assigned to DHCP assigned, and I'm starting to see some odd behaviors. An additional note, my switches do have STP enabled.

So far I've changed about a dozen systems over and some connect just fine where others don't obtain their IP address so give the "Tree or server can't be found" message, or can't be detected for using WOL from Zenworks. Some of these systems obtain their IP address after the Windows login completes, but others require more convincing in the form of some action that causes the DHCP service to restart such as restarting the service, initiating the troubleshooter, etc...

The next odd behavior is in using the DNS/DHCP console and going to my DHCP (OES Linux) tab, a few of my IP addresses that are known unreserved appear and disappear from my DHCP pool where others show up and stay visible and the host name populates and empties as the address gets assigned. I can't figure out why I'm getting this inconsistency. I have a handful of IP addresses that I know are currently assigned by DHCP that are not showing in my pool even after performing a tree refresh.

I have another system that I have a reservation of IP address x.x.x.12 reserved for it by MAC address, but when it pulls an address it always pulls address x.x.x.81 which is assigned to a different MAC address and has been checked for typos several times. The .81 address is currently for a system that still has its static address assigned to it, so I'm not sure that if once that system gets switched to DHCP and pulls its reserved address if that will stop the other system from trying to use the same address.

I think that is all of my current odd DHCP behaviors for now, thank you for any direction that you may be able to provide in resolving them.