I've read the other posts about users who move to a different OU fail to login to the Zen agent (I have that problem) but after moving from 11.2.2 up to the latest 11.2.3 MU1 I still have this issue. I'm a school district so I don't have a support contract, I was just hoping that 11.2.3 MU1 would resolve the issue, but unfortunately it doesn't.

I verified that my Windows 7 64-bit machine is running Agent Version: 11.2.3.24691 Monthly Update 1, and my server is updated as well. I make sure the machine is rebooted, not just logged off, but when I move a user in AD then the next time the user logs into the computer it fails to login to the ZEN agent.

If I manually clear the registry key with the old cached user location (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\ZCM\ZenLgn\His tory\Cache\<domain>) then the moved user can login seamlessly. I'm debating on just making some type of script to delete that entire key somehow after login, since I can't get the ZEN agent to allow logins. My student accounts will move a LOT during the year.

When I search for the moved user in ZCC, it shows the correct new location for the user. I'm using Kerberos and User/Password authentication method for the authentication mechanism.

Is there something that I'm missing? Some setting to make it clear the registry variable on its own? Any ideas would help!!

TIA,
Michelle