I am having an issue with group policy on our DSFW installation. On June 11 we ran updates on our DSFW server. Updates installed with out any problems, but after the updates, the group policy to all the computers/servers that were syncing stopped syncing. The event logs show error "Periodic policy processing failed for computer DSFW\DSFWADMIN$ in 0 seconds." at the first group policy sync after the update. When I force a group policy update on the computer/server, I get the error:

"The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not search the Active Direc
tory organization unit hierarchy. View the event details for more information.
Computer policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were enc
ountered:

The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not search the Active Direc
tory organization unit hierarchy. View the event details for more information.

To diagnose the failure, review the event log or run GPRESULT /H GPReport.html f
rom the command line to access information about Group Policy results."\

The following is the error in the Computer Config and User Config portion of the GPReport.html:

Group Policy Infrastructure failed due to the error listed below.

A directory service error has occurred.

Note: Due to the GP Core failure, none of the other Group Policy components processed their policy. Consequently, status information for the other components is not available.

Additional information may have been logged. Review the Policy Events tab in the console or the application event log for events between 6/28/2013 3:48:25 PM and 6/28/2013 3:48:26 PM.

I don't see any thing for those times in the application event log. I looked at the event logs for group policy on all servers/computers and they stopped syncing group policy about the same time after the updates were ran. Does anyone know what update would have done this? I am not sure where to go from here. Let me know if you need further information and I will provide what I can.

Thanks in advance for any info,

Tim Overdorf
Network Software Administrator
Cedarville University