I am unable to provision DSfW after installing it. The Provisioning PreCheck is successful, but the Configure DNS portion fails.
It looks to me as though the installation did not create a DNS Locator object in eDirectory. It seems as though we had some old ones floating around from years past.
We currently do not use Novell DNS for DNS. The zone is hosted on an Active Directory domain controller. After clearing out all of the old DNS objects from eDirectory, I would like to retry provisioning DSfW. However, I cannot seem to reinstall, uninstall, or provision.

Is there a way to manually create the DNS Locator object that DSfW is looking for, or is there a way to remove and reinstall DSfW.
The documentation does not say that I need to be running Novell DNS in eDirectory. Do I have to have an existing Novell DNS installation?

Thank you for any information that you have about this. Here is an excerpt from the log:

2013-07-05 15:38:00,052 INFO - Authentication :Successfully completed the provisioning plugin authentication
2013-07-05 15:38:22,816 INFO - DNS Configuration:DNS Configuration starting
2013-07-05 15:38:22,817 INFO - DNS Configuration:Script to be run is /opt/novell/xad/share/dcinit/provision/provision_dns.pl
2013-07-05 15:38:28 Pre-check of DNS configuration Passed
>>>Creating DNS Zone object
Failed to fetch dNIPDNSZones from DNS_LOCATOR_OBJECT at /opt/novell/xad/lib64/perl/Install/frd_install.pm line 797.

at /opt/novell/xad/lib64/perl/Logger.pm line 120
Logger::_err('Failed to fetch dNIPDNSZones from DNS_LOCATOR_OBJECT at /opt/...') called at /opt/novell/xad/lib64/perl/Logger.pm line 211
Logger::Log(0, 'Failed to fetch dNIPDNSZones from DNS_LOCATOR_OBJECT at /opt/...') called at /opt/novell/xad/lib64/perl/Install/frd_install.pm line 827
frd_install::decide_domain_zones() called at /opt/novell/xad/lib64/perl/Install/frd_install.pm line 329
frd_install::configure_zone_object('frd_install=HA SH(0x793080)') called at /opt/novell/xad/share/dcinit/provision/provision_dns.pl line 45
2013-07-05 15:38:28,451 INFO - DNS Configuration:DNS Configuration returned.