Hi all,

I am currently struggling with the following situation: Access to NSS volumes on an old OES2 server is required, but the file system on / got corrupted (ext3), because of bad blocks. When booting it just gets read-only mounted and in this situation most tools are not accessible (yast2, nssmu ...).

Now access to the NSS volumes connected to this server is required. There is no additional backup of the tree and there aren't any other servers in the tree. Further there was a problem with the size of the devices. So a iSCSI target and initiator were setup locally to split them to approx. 2TB and get hold of them by NSS. Additionaly another enrypted volume is present and should also be accessed. Password is still present, so this shouldn't be a problem...

What I actually want to know is, if there is any tool to access the volumes without any running eDir or so. I am thinking of booting a LiveCD and simply mounting the volume ...
Because of the setup with the iSCSI-things and encrypted volume, I don't really raise my hopes, to have success with recovery tools and sending in to ontrak isn't really an option neighter ...

I did a dd of the partition, where / resides, and see, if I can get it to work somehow, but no success by now. Any other ideas on how to access the NSS volumes are welcome ...

Thank you!