Hi all,
Wondering if someone can shed some light on this issue.
We are running Windows 7ProSP1_x64, and iPrint 5.90 on OES11SP1. We have the iPrint client installed on the clients.
We also run LanSchool (Classroom Management, Monitoring, and Corporate Training Software | LanSchool), classroom management software.

After a few months of trying to diagnose a connectivity issue, I believe I may have found a problem.

In the Client Registry, I see this:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Provid ers\Internet Print Provider
Name = "inetpp.dll"

When I install iPrint client (nipp.exe), this value is changed to
Name = "inetpp.dll.INACTIVE"
and a new key is created
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Provid ers\Novell iPrint Services\...

Now, when I boot, I see an error in the Event log each time, about how the "Print Spooler failed to load print provider inetpp.dll.INACTIVE"
This has been happening for as long as I can remember, and while it's probably deadweight slowing down the boot time, it hasn't affected me.

Now, after much trial and error, I have isolated iPrint and the above "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Provi ders\Internet Print Provider\.." registry entry as a possible cause of the problem.
When I rename Name to inetpp.dll, or if I delete the entire "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Provi ders\Internet Print Provider" key, Lanschool begins to work. When I revert the registry and reboot, the problem arises again.

I am about to contact LanSchool for comment, but my question is, is there a reason iPrint installation renames this key? I can only assume it is so an iPrint Client uninstall (nipp-u.exe) can rename it back to original pre-iPrint state (I have verified this is what happens).

Can anyone comment on the impact of changes around this registry key?