Looking for a sanity check, again ;-)

I would like the following to work (but it isn't) :
0. Assume an OES11sp1 server with NSS, DFS and CIFS services installed and running.
1. Create two NSS volumes, let's call them JuncSrc and JuncTrgt.
2. Create a junction on JuncSrc/Junction that points to the root of volume JuncTrgt.
3. Create an export in iManager for JuncSrc with a name of HomeVol

Okay at this point a Windows client will see in the Windows Explorer:

And if one were to browse to \\servername\HomeVol you would see a directory called Junction and you would be able to follow it to the target volume \\servername\JuncTrgt.

Now is where I want to get "tricky" - and fail... I want to NOT export the volumes JuncSrc and JuncTrgt, just the HomeVol export name and YET still be able to follow the junction from JuncSrc to JuncTrgt. Thus I would have the CIFS server ONLY export \\servername\HomeVol.

I can, and do, remove the unwanted exports with "novcifs -srn JuncSrc" and "novcifs -srn JuncTrgt". That works. And I can still access the "fake" (virtual?) share named HomeVol. BUT I cannot at this point access the path \\servername\HomeVol\Junction. The error on the client is that the network path is inaccessible and the error on the OES CIFS service is that the "Tconx to (JuncTrgt) error No valid mount point".

I really don't want a bunch of (junctions to) shares showing up in folks network browsers which would only confuse them.

Is this DFS/CIFS thing working as designed? I was really hoping that I would be able to use DFS to hide the underlying volume structure from SMB/CIFS clients (OSX, Win7).